Supply Pod Terms & Conditions
This document states the terms and conditions (“Terms”) upon which Outer Places (“we,” “us,” or “our”) will provide service to you on supplypod.outerplaces.com (the “Website”). These Terms constitute a contractual agreement between you and us. By visiting, accessing, using, and/or joining (collectively “using”) the Website, you express your understanding and acceptance of these Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, your only remedy shall be to not use or access (or continue to access) the website. As used in this document, the terms “you” or “your” refers to you, any entity you represent, your or its representatives, successors, assigns and affiliates, and any of your or their devices.
If you are under 18, your parent or guardian must enter into these Terms on your behalf, and will be responsible for your use of and access to the Website; this includes financial responsibility for any items you purchase through the Website. Any use or access to the Website by anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited and in violation of these Terms. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. The Website is not available to any Users previously removed from the Website by Outer Places. Outer Places reserves all rights not expressly granted under these Terms. Any attempt by you to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder, except as expressly provided for in these Terms, is void.
Authority to Use
We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited right to access, non-publicly display, and use the Website on your computer consistent with these Terms.
This grant is terminable by us at will for any reason and at our sole discretion, with or without prior notice. Upon termination, we may, but shall not be obligated to: (i) delete or deactivate your account, (ii) block your e-mail or IP addresses or otherwise terminate your use of the Website, and/or (iii) revoke your Referral Credits (see below). You agree not to use or attempt to use the Website after said termination. Upon termination, the grant of your right to use the Website shall terminate, but all other portions of these Terms shall survive. You acknowledge that we are not responsible to you or any third party for the termination of your grant of use.
Content on the Website, including text, graphical images, photographs, music, video, software, scripts and trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (collectively “Proprietary Materials”), are owned by and/or licensed to us. All Proprietary Materials are subject to copyright, trademark and/or other rights under the laws of the United States, foreign laws, and international conventions. We reserve all our rights over our Proprietary Materials. Except as otherwise explicitly permitted, you agree not to copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works of, or in any other way exploit, in whole or in part, any Proprietary Materials.
As a condition of your use of the Website:
- (a) You agree not to use the Website for any unlawful purpose or in any way that is prohibited by these Terms;
- (b) You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations;
- (c) You agree not to use the Website in any way that exposes us to criminal or civil liability;
- (d) You agree that you are solely responsible for all acts and omissions that occur as a result of your use of the Website
- (e) You agree that all information and content that you provide to us belongs to you and that you have the right and authority to provide it to us;
- (f) You agree to maintain the security of your login password and to be fully responsible for any and all use of your account;
- (g) You agree not to use or attempt to use any other party’s account on the Website without authorization;
- (h) You agree not to use any automated means, including robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like, to download, monitor or use data or content from the Website;
- (i) You agree not to take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive demands on it;
- (j) You agree not to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information you transmit to the Website;
- (k) You agree not to disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or which enforce limitations on the use of the Website or the content therein;
- (l) You agree not to license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise in any way commercially exploit or make available the Website or any of its contents to any third party;
- (m) You agree not to “frame” or “mirror” the Website; and
- (n) You agree not to reverse engineer any portion of the Website.
We reserve the right to take appropriate action against any user for any unauthorized use of the Website, including civil, criminal and injunctive redress and the termination of any user’s use of the Website. Any use of the Website and our computer systems not authorized by these Terms is a violation of these Terms and certain federal and state laws, including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
You acknowledge that we reserve the right to charge for any or all our services and to change our fees from time to time in our sole discretion. If at any time we terminate your rights to use the Website because of a breach of these Terms, you shall not be entitled to a refund of any portion of your fees. In all other respects, such fees shall be governed by additional rules posted on the Website as may be amended from time to time.
Returns and Exchanges
Once a payment has processed all sales are final. We cannot accept returns or exchanges unless the item you purchased is proven to be defective, which must be proven by the customer. If you receive a defective item, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the product and the defect, photos, and any other necessary information and we will make best efforts to determine a workable solution.
Upon receipt of the returned product, if necessary, we will fully examine it and notify you via e-mail, within a reasonable period of time, whether you are entitled to a refund or a replacement as a result of the defect. If you are entitled to a replacement or refund, we will replace the product or refund the purchase price, using the original method of payment.
Refunds do not include any shipping and handling charges shown on the packaging slip or invoice. Shipping charges for all returns must be prepaid and insured by you. You are responsible for any loss or damage to items during shipment. We cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. Any amounts refunded will not include the cost of shipping.
Modification of These Terms
We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time by posting such amended Terms to the Website. The top of the Terms will indicate the date that revisions were last made. No other notification may be made to you about any amendments. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE WEBSITE FOLLOWING SUCH AMENDMENTS WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH AMENDMENTS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU HAVE ACTUALLY READ THEM.
Indemnification and Release
You hereby agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any and all third-party claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising from your use of the Website or from your breach of these Terms.
In the event that you have a dispute with one of more other users or any third parties, you hereby release us, our officers, employees, agents and successors-in-right from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or the Website.
If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liabilities
READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT LIMITS OUR LIABILITY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The Website may contain links to third-party websites which are completely independent of us. We assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of and make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of information contained in any third party websites. We have no right or ability to edit the content of any third party websites. You acknowledge that we shall not be liable for any and all liability arising from your use of any third party websites.
The Website is provided “AS-IS” and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. We specifically disclaim to the fullest extent any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, information accuracy, integration, interoperability or quiet enjoyment. We disclaim any warranties for viruses or other harmful components in connection with the Website. Some jurisdictions, including the state of New Jersey, do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE FROM YOUR USE, MISURE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, FROM THE INTERRUPTION SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION OR COMPLETE DISCONTINUANCE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE TERMINATION OF SERVICE BY US. THESE LIMITATIONS ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, SOME OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE THE TERMINATION OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. IN NO CASE SHALL THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF US ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO US, OR OWED BY US TO YOU, PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS.
Choice of Law and Venue
To the maximum extent permitted by law, these Terms as well as any claim, cause of action, or dispute that may arise between you and us, are governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED WITHIN NEW YORK, NEW YORK, USA.
- (a) These Terms, as amended from time to time, constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede all prior agreements between you and us and may not be modified without our written consent.
- (b) Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
- (c) If any part of these Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the invalid and unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
- (d) Nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed to confer rights or remedies upon any third party.
- (e) These Terms are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction.
- (f) You agree that we may provide you with notices by e-mail, regular mail, or postings to the Website.
- (g) The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- (h) As used in these Terms, the term “including” is illustrative and not limitative.
We periodically hold giveaway contests for premium items. All of our subscribers are automatically entered into our giveaway contests.
If you are not one of our subscribers, you can enter a contest by submitting your name to us. To enter the Sweepstakes by mail, hand print your first and last name, street address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, country, daytime telephone number, e-mail address, and verify age eligibility on a 3"x5" card or postcard, and mail your completed card with the above stated required information to: "Supply Pod Giveaways," Outer Places, 114 W 17th Street 2nd Floor, New York, NY, 10011. Postcards are good for entry into 1 giveaway contest, 1 post card per giveaway only.
Winners are announced roughly every 3 months and notified through email.
Refer A Friend Program
You will receive a Referral Credit each time someone makes a purchase of a Supply Pod subscription using your referral link that you have shared with them. This can be found on the Refer page. You can also access this from your account page. You can check how many referral points you have from your account page. Each Referral Credit is worth $8 off your next renewal
Referral Credits have no cash value and only one Referral Credit can be redeemed per renewal period.
Important Information for New Jersey Residents
If you live in New Jersey, please carefully read these Terms of Service and understand that by using the Site, placing an order on the Site or signing up for a Membership Subscription in addition to the other rules you agree to: (1) any dispute between us will be governed by New York law addressed in New York, (2) under the laws of the State of New Jersey, limitations on implied warranties or the exclusive or limitation of certain damages as set forth above may not apply to you, and (3) you are responsible for any harm (See Indemnification and Release) that you cause us, whether it is because of (a) your User Content; (b) violation of any applicable law that protects us or our legal rights or those of any third party that your actions have damaged; (c) material uncured breach of these Terms of Service; (d) infringement by you of any intellectual property rights of ours or any third party; or (e) any and all activities that occur under your Account, username and/or password.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact us at:
114 West 17th St
New York, NY 10011